Wednesday 13 January 2016

Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleaning Water

Hi all!

Going to do a little reivew/recomendation/appraisal of a product I'm completely in love with.

The Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleaning Water is the holy grail of cleansing waters if you have greasy/oily and acne prone skin.

When I first purchased this I had no idea of how much good it would do for my skin. I hadn't read any reviews or heard anyone talking about it and really when I did purchase it- I merely needed a new cleanser and this one just so happened to be on offer. The bottle that contains 400ml (and state that that is apprxoimarely 200 uses) costs £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug, I believe when I bought it, it was half price so around the £2.50 mark. Firstly- the packaging is nice, sturdy bottle, slight turquoise tint and very clean and professional looking. The liquid itself has a clean smell, is completely colourless and takes of make-up with very little trouble. Something I've always suffered with is extremely sensitive eyes, and we all know how easy it is to get a touch of your make-up remover into your eye. My eyes would usually immediately start watering and go red. If I get a drop of this in my eyes- nothing happens, no tears or red eyes or itchiness.

But most importantly- this has, pretty much, cleared up my acne/spot and blemish prone skin. I use it daily, at the end of the day to take me make-up off. Simply by using some of this and one or two cotton pads. It takes 5 minutes at most so is good for those who are lazy like myself. I started using this back in early December, it's taken a while to really see the difference but I don't get nearly so many spots, my skin tone has evened out, it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily and the 400ml bottle has lasted me, and I still have about 100ml left.

Additionally- my skin can be quite sensitive to new products, before I purchased this I did have a breif look at the ingredients and saw nothing that should  (should) be of any harm or detriment to my skin- which was the final step in leading to me purchasing this. There is a slight amount of 'alcohol denat' (term for alcohol in most cosmetics) that could be problematic for some people's skin but not mine.

So- if you're looking for a new cleanser and you have oily/combination/sensitive skin, this could be your new best friend!

Thanks for anyone reading this, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment